Monday, July 16, 2007

Almost there!

Ok this is it... almost. I leave on Friday for Iowa. It's going to be a long drive but I think I'll enjoy it... I love seeing new places and there's alot of places between here and there that I haven't seen.

This past Saturday I rode 83 miles... bangin'! But then you have to realize Sean finished waaaay ahead of me and actually did more miles. Skinny punk, haha. But still, I did it. My knee was absolutely killing me though after I was done... I'm slightly worried but I won't let anything stop me at this point from doing the ride. I'm going to get drugged up on Aleve and hope for the best.

Tonight I took my bike to REI to get a couple things looked at.... and I came away with a new one, haha. Well, I'll pick it up tomorrow or Wed. hopefully, but still. They have an incredible 100% satisfaction guarantee and since I'm a member, I was able to replace my bike for a bigger one (everyone said the other was too small) at no extra cost. Wow. Yall shop there, they're great.

Ok, once again, my plan is to update this with stories and pictures once the ride starts, if I am able. If not, I'll definitely do it after the ride. Please check back for postings starting this weekend!

www.ragbrai.org for more info on the ride.

Thanks for your interest, drop me a line sometime if you wish.

5 comments:

zakfoster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zakfoster said...

Hey there, Zack! Congratulations on doing this! Pamela and I caught up the other day and she said you've really been working your ass off. So keep us updated, amigo... we want stories and pictures! Happy riding...

PTW said...

Hey, Zack! My husband and father-in-law are on the ride right now, and I was just googling RAGRAI 2007 to see if there was anyone out there posting pictures along the way. They're first-time riders, too. You're not posting pictures, but you came up in the Google. Best of luck on the ride. Have a blast.

PTW said...

Oh, you do plan to post pics! Very cool. Maybe i shouldn't have tried reading a commenting after driving the husband and F-I-L to and from Iowa in one day, eh? Again, good luck!

Suz said...

HEY CUZ,
I'm Impressed to say the least... Mom sent me the link to your blog, and I had no idea you were now into cycling! WAY TO GO! I look forward to updates and seeing how things go. I have two friends from Iowa here in grad school, so I'll have to find out if they've heard of the race!! GOOD LUCK! love, Suz