Wednesday, June 13, 2007

delayed update

It's been a while since I updated, but I've still been steadily working.

I. Riding
II. Personal Trainer

I. I rode about 30 miles again last Saturday on the W&OD Trail doing the same Route from Bluemont out towards Reston. On the way back, some guys passed me with RAGBRAI jerseys. I caught up with them in Vienna and talked for a few minutes. They call themselves "Team Nasty" and only do it in even numbered years. They said I'd be fine, just to remember that I've got all day to finish. Good deal.

II. I made a big and costly step - I not only decided to join a gym, I decided to get a personal trainer. I went regularly to the gym at App and with Marshall's help, I did well. I didn't realize how well I had done until I had gained it all back. So, I knew I needed someone that knew what to do and would stay on top of me. I joined Fitness First, right around the corner from my work on 19th Street NW. It's fairly inexpensive and they have what I need... no frills. I also signed up with David, who's giving me a great deal between now and the race for 3x-a-week sessions. Hopefully I can get some weight off in the right places and some muscle on to make the ride easier. Even after that, I'll probably continue, just not at the 3x level...I don't have that much money.

That's it for now. I'll update more. But with my weekends being full coming up, I'm not sure what kind of outdoor riding I'll get to do. I'll mostly, probably, be in doors on the trainer or a bike at the gym (really cool - real courses and other racers... not just a fat seat where you sit and read a magazine).

Thanks for coming by.

No comments: